Who we are
The Sedbergh Primary Parent, Teacher and Friends Association (PTFA) are a group of parents, grandparents and teachers interested in making the most out of our children’s time at Sedbergh Primary School. The group first met at the beginning of the 2012/13 school year with many hopes and plans for helping the children have even more fun at school while also helping and supporting the school itself.
What we do
So far we have organised some new events, including discos and domino drives, and also raised funds through the sale of tea towels, Christmas concert DVDs and Leaver’s Books (for Year 6). We have had a stall at the Sedbergh Gala, the Artisan Market and helped at the Killington Sports day and the Sedbergh Sports night to raise money for the school. Other methods to raise money have included a balloon race, a clothes bank and a ‘build a bench’ raffle.
Where we are going
We have only been active for five full years and we started from scratch with no money. Through our various money raising events we have been able to purchase a variety of items for the school and contribute towards the cost of various school needs. With some money now in the bank and more events happening all the time we are looking to the future and beginning to discuss other ways of how to use the money to benefit the children and the school.
How we have used the money
- Three colourful outdoor benches (2013) (see the Benches)
- 10 ipads for student use (2014/2015)
- Two new ovens and coach for Year 6 residential trip (2015)
- Busy Ants Maths programme (2015/2016) – http://www.collins.co.uk/page/busyantmaths
- Climbing wall (2016/2017) (see the Climbing Wall)
- Roger Stott Grant for the Science and Wildlife Garden (2017/2018)
- Chistmas concert DVDs (2012-2016)
- Year 6 Leavers Book (2013-2016)
- Sedbergh Primary tea towels (2013)
- 50th Anniversary mugs (2017)